Re: [sfc] Fragmentation and Path MTU text in nvo3 dataplane reqts draft

Xuxiaohu <xuxiaohu@huawei.com> Thu, 15 May 2014 03:46 UTC

From: Xuxiaohu <xuxiaohu@huawei.com>
To: Linda Dunbar <linda.dunbar@huawei.com>, "Black, David" <david.black@emc.com>, "tsvwg@ietf.org" <tsvwg@ietf.org>, "tsv-area@ietf.org" <tsv-area@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 03:46:13 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.111.98.134]
Cc: "spring@ietf.org" <spring@ietf.org>, "sfc@ietf.org" <sfc@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [sfc] Fragmentation and Path MTU text in nvo3 dataplane reqts draft

To allow the classifier to determine the service path dynamically, why not directly encoding the explicit service path information within the SR (source routing or segment routing) header (see http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xu-spring-sfc-use-case-00), especially the MPLS label stack based SR header if MTU is still a concern?

Best regards,
Xiaohu