Re: [sfc] [spring] How to carry metadata/context in an MPLS packet

Xuxiaohu <xuxiaohu@huawei.com> Fri, 18 July 2014 07:43 UTC

From: Xuxiaohu <xuxiaohu@huawei.com>
To: Robert Raszuk <robert@raszuk.net>, "sfc@ietf.org" <sfc@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 07:43:06 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.111.98.134]
Cc: "mpls@ietf.org" <mpls@ietf.org>, "<spring@ietf.org>" <spring@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [sfc] [spring] How to carry metadata/context in an MPLS packet

Hi Robert,

It seems that the concept of “reference_id” looks much similar with the concept of “correlator” as defined in section 3.3 of (http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rijsman-sfc-metadata-considerations-00#page-8). That’s the context ID of the metadata I meant.

If that  “reference_id” is attached to the MPLS packet, it seems that you still need some way to indicate the presence of that “reference_id” in the MPLS packet.

Best regards,
Xiaohu