Re: [sidr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sidr-rfc6490-bis-04.txt

Sandra Murphy <sandy@tislabs.com> Tue, 02 June 2015 13:38 UTC

From: Sandra Murphy <sandy@tislabs.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 09:38:37 -0400
To: Stephen Kent <kent@bbn.com>
Cc: weiler@tislabs.com, Sandra Murphy <sandy@tislabs.com>, "sidr@ietf.org list" <sidr@ietf.org>, "ggm@apnic.net Michaelson" <ggm@apnic.net>, Richard Hansen <rhansen@bbn.com>
Subject: Re: [sidr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sidr-rfc6490-bis-04.txt

Steve, Richard, I don't know if you have noticed, but publication has already been requested for this draft.

I don't regard this issue as critical enough to delay publication.  Of course, If the routing AD has comments he wishes to have addressed before he pushes the draft into IETF Last Call, there would be an opportunity to address it as needed then.  Otherwise, it can be addressed as needed as part of IETF Last Call.

Obviously, this issue must exist in any RFC that provides an example of base64 encoded material, due to the RFC line length limit.  I've looked at some of the (many!) other RFCs that refer to rfc4648.  Some say nothing about the fact that line breaks are present in the example, some add a brief phrase about the RFC publication limits, something like Steve's suggestion.  We can temper the need with knowing that history.

--Sandy, speaking as wg co-chair