[Sidrops] Robert Wilton's No Objection on draft-ietf-sidrops-ov-egress-02: (with COMMENT)

Robert Wilton via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Mon, 06 April 2020 17:43 UTC

From: Robert Wilton via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-sidrops-ov-egress@ietf.org, sidrops-chairs@ietf.org, sidrops@ietf.org, sidrops-chairs@ietf.org, keyur@arrcus.com, warren@kumari.net, nathalie@ripe.net, keyur@arrcus.com
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2020 10:43:03 -0700
Subject: [Sidrops] Robert Wilton's No Objection on draft-ietf-sidrops-ov-egress-02: (with COMMENT)

Robert Wilton has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-sidrops-ov-egress-02: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidrops-ov-egress/

COMMENT:

I'm not a BGP expert, but this document seems sensible to me.

Some comments:

1) In the first sentence of the introduction: Is it really correct that the
"This document does not change semantics of [RFC6811] RPKI-based origin
validation"?  Given that the 4th paragraph in the introduction then states that
"This document clarifies ..."

2) I wasn't entirely sure that section 2 (Suggested Reading) is required at
all, given that this is effectively what section 8.1 and 8.2 is listing anyway,
but equally I'm okay if the section is left in.

3) The security section is terse, and I agree that this doesn't introduce any
new security issues.  But I was wondering if the purpose of this clarification
is to improve security with more reliable filtering, and if so, would it be
helpful to have a sentence in the security section that states that?

One nit:

1) In the first sentence of the introduction "of [RFC6811] of RPKI-based origin
validation" -> "of [RFC6811] RPKI-based origin validation"?