Re: [Sigtran] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC3331 (1425)

"Brian F. G. Bidulock" <bidulock@openss7.org> Fri, 16 May 2008 20:50 UTC

Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 14:50:31 -0600
From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <bidulock@openss7.org>
To: Alfred Hönes <ah@tr-sys.de>
Cc: greg@signatustechnologies.com, kmorneau@cisco.com, iesg@iesg.org, jheitz@lucent.com, rdantu@netrake.com, sigtran@ietf.org, rfc-editor@rfc-editor.org
Subject: Re: [Sigtran] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC3331 (1425)
Sender: sigtran-bounces@ietf.org

Alfred,

Sorry, but the change is still not required.  The
SDT Identifier field is 32-bits (4 octets as indicated
by the parameter length), but the value within that
field only occupies 16 its of which only 12-14 bits
are significant.  No change to the document is necessary.

--brian

Alfred Hönes wrote:                          (Fri, 16 May 2008 22:10:19)

--
Brian F. G. Bidulock
bidulock@openss7.org