[Simple] RE: [xmppwg] RE: Action Item: character mappings for interoperabi lity

Joe Hildebrand <JHildebrand@jabber.com> Tue, 16 December 2003 20:53 UTC

From: Joe Hildebrand <JHildebrand@jabber.com>
To: "'xmppwg@jabber.org'" <xmppwg@jabber.org>, "'simple@ietf.org'" <simple@ietf.org>
Subject: [Simple] RE: [xmppwg] RE: Action Item: character mappings for interoperabi lity
Sender: simple-admin@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 13:49:11 -0700

You're right, that's our disconnect.  I hadn't even considered that.

Can you give me a concrete use case where I might want
sip:adam@dynamicsoft.com and im:adam@dynamicsoft.com to point to different
entities?  I can see the messages and presences addressed to the two
following different paths, perhaps using different protocols, but I can't
imagine a non-contrived reason for them going to completely different
endpoints, or being for completely different system entities.

In other words, it might be nice for completeness, but if it adds mad
complexity, and no one will ever use it, is it worth the effort?

--
Joe Hildebrand