[Simple] RE: [xmppwg] RE: Action Item: character mappings for interoperabi lity

Adam Roach <adam@dynamicsoft.com> Tue, 16 December 2003 19:48 UTC

From: Adam Roach <adam@dynamicsoft.com>
To: 'Joe Hildebrand' <JHildebrand@jabber.com>, xmppwg@jabber.org, "'simple@ietf.org'" <simple@ietf.org>
Subject: [Simple] RE: [xmppwg] RE: Action Item: character mappings for interoperabi lity
Sender: simple-admin@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 13:46:06 -0600

Joe:

I think the fundamental disconnect here between
what I was trying to say and what you are hearing
is this:

 - the JID "adam@dynamicsoft.com" is NOT necessarily
   the same resource as "im:adam@dynamicsoft.com"

 - the JID "adam@dynamicsoft.com" is NOT necessarily
   the same resource as "sip:adam@dynamicsoft.com"

 - The resource "im:adam@dynamicsoft.com" is NOT
   necessarily the same resource as "sip:adam@dynamicsoft.com"

So, for any solution to work, the SENDER must have the
ability to select a *scheme* -- otherwise, there will be
resources that the sender cannot contact.

/a