Re: [Simple] Consensus Call on draft-ietf-simple-chat

"Geir Sandbakken (geirsand)" <geirsand@cisco.com> Thu, 16 December 2010 21:11 UTC

Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 22:11:58 +0100
From: "Geir Sandbakken (geirsand)" <geirsand@cisco.com>
To: Ben Campbell <ben@nostrum.com>, Mary Barnes <mary.ietf.barnes@gmail.com>
Cc: "Miguel A. Garcia" <miguel.a.garcia@ericsson.com>, Adam Roach <adam@nostrum.com>, Simple WG <simple@ietf.org>, xcon-chairs@tools.ietf.org, Aki Niemi <aki.niemi@nokia.com>
Subject: Re: [Simple] Consensus Call on draft-ietf-simple-chat

The draft has seven informative references to RFC 4575 - and a single
one that is normative for adding the Nickname code point.   Most of the
text is in the form "typically you would subscribe to RFC 4575 gather
information about the conference".  It's no problem adding "...subscribe
to RFC 4575 or draft-xcon-common-data-model..".

While Nicknames are important for chat - so is a lot of the information
already referred to by informational references.  We make the references
informational by example for nicknames.   "For example the nickname can
be learned by subscribing to the draft-ietf-xcon-common-data-model or by
extending the user-type of RFC 4575 ".

Geir A