Re: [Simple] Authorization Rules for groups

"Noga Tor" <noga.tor@gmail.com> Mon, 28 August 2006 13:03 UTC

Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 16:03:27 +0300
From: Noga Tor <noga.tor@gmail.com>
To: simple@ietf.org, "Tschofenig, Hannes" <hannes.tschofenig@siemens.com>
Subject: Re: [Simple] Authorization Rules for groups

I have no problem with this approach. It seems very logical to me the
Presence XDMS will not have any knowledge of groups (RLS XDMS).

However, I have bumped into an OMA test fest use case, which implies that
such a connection should exist. I will append the text of the use case and
let me know what u think...

Presence-1.0-int-0123 Authorization management for groups

Test Case Id

Presence-1.0-int-0123

Test Object

UEs with Presence Source, Presence Watcher and XDMC functionality, Presence
Server, and Shared XDMS.

Test Case Description

Verify that a Presence Server can handle the Presence Rules document for
groups of watchers stored in the Shared XDMS.

*TEST CASE GOAL: *Verify that a UE, acting as a XDMC, can modify his
permissions for groups of watcher stored in the Shared XDMS, and the PS
handles these permissions properly.

Specification Reference

Refer to Appendix A

SCR Reference

Refer to Appendix A

Tool

N/A

Test Code

N/A

Preconditions

·         Equipment:

o        2 UEs (with User1, User2 credentials)

o        Presence Server

o        Presence XDMS

o        Shared XDMS

·         Prerequisite for this test:

o        In the Presence XDMS, the Presence Authorization Rules document
contains information that Group A is authorized to see any of the presence
information belonging to User1.

o        User2 is a member of Group A as defined by User1

o        UE2 capable of displaying presence information.

o        User1 and User2 will have a set of commonly supported Presence
elements.

o        User1 has no active publications.

o        User1 has the ability of changing the content of its Presence
Authorization Rules Document.

o        User2 has no active subscriptions.

Test Procedure

1.        User1 publishes presence information for all commonly supported
mandatory Presence elements.

2.        User2 subscribe to presence information from User1.

3.        User1 updates the Authorization Rules Document in PS XDMS to block
Group A to see his presence.

4.        User1 modifies the active presence information that has been
published.

Pass-Criteria

2.        UE2 display the presence information from User1.

4.        UE2 does not display any presence information from User1.

Thanks
Noga