Re: [sip-clf] draft-ietf-sipclf-format-01, Flag field

Gonzalo Salgueiro <gsalguei@cisco.com> Tue, 15 March 2011 19:57 UTC

From: Gonzalo Salgueiro <gsalguei@cisco.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 15:58:39 -0400
To: Anders Nygren <anders.nygren@gmail.com>
Cc: "sip-clf@ietf.org Mailing" <sip-clf@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [sip-clf] draft-ietf-sipclf-format-01, Flag field

Anders -

The notion of adding both SCTP and TLS the flag was brought up on the list back in October and it went unreplied to (far as I can tell). Here is the snippet:

Although, given that TLS can ride on top of UDP or TCP, we may want to think of a second letter added to "L" to
denote TLS-over-TCP and TLS-over-UDP (I doubt any implementations are using TLS-over-UDP for signaling only, but given that SCTP is starting
to appear in kernels, maybe our flags ought to be "u, t, s, lu, lt, ls, U, T, S, LU, LT, LS").

The fact that this is the second time this has been raised leads me to believe there is a need. I will raise this as a discussion topic in the upcoming meeting Prague.

Regards,

Gonzalo