Re: [Sip] INFO message belongs only to INVITE dialog usage?

Robert Sparks <rjsparks@nostrum.com> Mon, 04 June 2007 15:09 UTC

From: Robert Sparks <rjsparks@nostrum.com>
Subject: Re: [Sip] INFO message belongs only to INVITE dialog usage?
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 10:09:26 -0500
To: Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@cisco.com>
Cc: sip@ietf.org

INFO was written before there _WAS_ anything but an INVITE dialog
usage (called a call-leg at the time), so any
discussion of its use in other contexts (like SUBSCRIBE) will
necessarily be in another document.

I remember a strong consensus around it only being allowed in the
context of an INVITE usage, but can't find
definitive text in any later document this morning. Can anyone else?