RE: [Sip] Connected-identity and changing the To header field in aresponse

"Elwell, John" <john.elwell@siemens.com> Wed, 05 April 2006 12:50 UTC

Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 13:49:39 +0100
From: "Elwell, John" <john.elwell@siemens.com>
Subject: RE: [Sip] Connected-identity and changing the To header field in aresponse
To: Roland Jesske <roland.jesske@web.de>, "Peterson, Jon" <jon.peterson@neustar.biz>, sip@ietf.org

Roland,

Well, I don't want to get into a long discussion about what RFC3325 allows
or disallows. It appears that current practice supports the point I am
trying to make - if you don't need a cryptographically authenticated
response identity, then PAI is sufficient within trusted environments,
provided you have some means of authenticating the responding UA (since the
UA will be outside the trusted environment). If you say that TLS is not
used, what is used instead?

John