Re: [Sip] I-D Action:draft-ietf-sip-dtls-srtp-framework-00.txt

"Jason Fischl" <jason@counterpath.com> Tue, 04 December 2007 00:07 UTC

DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; bh=oBhRFUmUjxCbt3aWhmsFtJho/LFEXUpDuaSKxFb8vUg=; b=GQjz3MIkzvSph/xk0kzXJSMXwa4xh5gkkPbflXcB5/P1S1EGYX8jFwFcY1hKsgT/YQL8bJfTdPdzA1StW8PV63SJjDWtHJ6+hdJSvKtXd2lrQd1tZ2sZ3UwHfDST7XqoBTUiMNCo1VUB/RuQFWmVUL+5CNZNBZ3HnunqTg+EAEo=
DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; b=lJxRjLn7x9dPPLXLbdAQQnR6QvaWDxIIGmNA3U/JvImSPuc9cmksStUNqoGVl9PN5Iwn1i5zmlpdXMBtUpjEHaS8u6UtYSay13uzfPhXzMkacpG/Lv+cv8s7F91U0MibEAttnOcJh1ZeZqgZdQxTsDG/52ohY1H3eC3yZWXzDzo=
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 16:06:59 -0800
From: Jason Fischl <jason@counterpath.com>
To: Francois Audet <audet@nortel.com>
Subject: Re: [Sip] I-D Action:draft-ietf-sip-dtls-srtp-framework-00.txt
Cc: sip@ietf.org, Flemming Andreasen <fandreas@cisco.com>, Hannes.Tschofenig@nsn.com

On Nov 13, 2007 11:50 AM, Francois Audet <audet@nortel.com> wrote:
> (copying Flemming)
>
> Good draft. Very helpful.
>
> On the SDP side of things.
>
> I didn't seen anything in the SDP format that specifically indicated in the offer that
> you are trying to setup DTLS-SRTP.

This is signaled in the SDP with the token "UDP/TLS/RTP/SAVP". See
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fischl-mmusic-sdp-dtls-04.txt
for more details.

> Is the assumption that if there is no indication besides the RTP/SAVP in the tcap, that
> DTLS-SRTP may be negotiated, and that therefore we do not need an explicit indication
> that DTLS-SRTP is supported?

More specifically, UDP/TLS/RTP/SAVP. to signal we're sending SRTP over DTLS.

> Do we think it's good enough? In other words, is RTP/SAVP without a=crypto or a=key-mgmt
> good enough to indicate DTLS-SRTP? Or should we have another attribute?

I think this is good enough.

> A side comment is that the example shows usage with Best-Effort SRTP. My take is
> that it could also be used in "DTLS-SRTP-always" mode by having the m-line
> use UDP/TLS/RTP/AVP instead of RTP/AVP and not using a a=tcap/a=pcfg line. It
> would probably be worthwile to describe it in the draft.

I can add an example fragment to cover this case.