RE: [Sip] Alert-Info Idea (was Re: Commenton draft-willis-sip-an sweralert-01)

"Vaidya, Maulik" <maulik.vaidya@siemens.com> Thu, 27 October 2005 15:24 UTC

From: "Vaidya, Maulik" <maulik.vaidya@siemens.com>
To: sip@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [Sip] Alert-Info Idea (was Re: Commenton draft-willis-sip-an sweralert-01)
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 08:21:48 -0700
Sender: sip-bounces@ietf.org

Gents, pardon my ignorance if I say something really stupid

Shouldn't 'semantic URNs' in some manner, shape or form include the format
of alert (i.e. wav, mp3 etc), and the preferred medium of download (i.e.
HTTP, WAP etc)? (because not all UACs will have the capability to support
all forms of alert tones and download mechanisms.

-Maulik