[Sip] Event List Changes

Adam Roach <adam@nostrum.com> Thu, 25 November 2004 03:18 UTC

Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 21:08:07 -0600
From: Adam Roach <adam@nostrum.com>
To: sip@ietf.org
Subject: [Sip] Event List Changes
Sender: sip-bounces@ietf.org

I'm revising the event list draft currently. In DC, we discussed at
length the authentication model for situations in which the RLS and
subscriber are in the same domain; I believe I've captured this pretty
well (but encourage interested parties to double check my interpretation
of consensus).

When I went to update the document, however, I found that there was
still something of a hole for the other case -- the one we described as
a corner case. I know that we agreed that (1) additional mechanism could
be developed to solve this case, and (2) we didn't want to wait for
these mechanisms before publishing the event list document. However, I
don't remember discussing what RLS implementors can do when they receive
a request for a list resource from a user outside their domain.

So, I came up with what seemed like the most logical solution, given the
other discussions we had. Before I submit -07 of the document, I'd like
to have a few people look over my proposed text; if you think this is
the wrong direction to take it, speak up now. If I get no comments
before the end of next week, I'll submit the draft with the following
language.

/a