Re: SIP bakeoff registration now open

Colin Perkins <c.perkins@cs.ucl.ac.uk> Sun, 05 March 2000 21:23 UTC

To: Francois Menard List Account <fm-listproc@fmmo.ca>
Cc: Henning Schulzrinne <schulzrinne@cs.columbia.edu>, sip@lists.research.bell-labs.com, Terri Cali <Terri_Cali@mw.3com.com>
Subject: Re: SIP bakeoff registration now open
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 21:21:01 +0000
From: Colin Perkins <c.perkins@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
Sender: owner-sip@lists.research.bell-labs.com

--> Francois Menard List Account writes:
>Would that also include RTCP compatibility tests ?

In order to progress RTP to draft standard it is necessary to demonstrate
interoperability of all options and features of the protocol. Accordingly,
we need to have demonstrated RTCP along with the other features of RTP.
Note that this doesn't imply that every implementation must implement every
feature of RTP (although I would hope that all implement at least a minimal
subset of RTCP), rather that every feature must be implemented in at least
two implementations.

Colin