Re: [sipcore] Comments on draft-mohali-sipcore-reason-call-forwarding-00

Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@cisco.com> Wed, 20 October 2010 23:08 UTC

Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 19:09:58 -0400
From: Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@cisco.com>
To: sipcore@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [sipcore] Comments on draft-mohali-sipcore-reason-call-forwarding-00

[as participant]

I think I'm replying to an earlier message, not this one, but the point
is the same:

IIUC the intent of this work is to define new values for the Reason
header, that can be used in a Reason header inserted into a URI in
History-Info. And there is *no* expectation that these values would be
used in a Reason header in a message that is actually sent. Is that right?

If so, it at least sounds like an abuse - that some other mechanism
should be used.

OTOH, if there is some plausible reason to use this in an actual request
then I find it much less troubling.

	Thanks,
	Paul