Re: [sipcore] About RFC3911(Join header)'s potential error: //Join header in REFER?

gao.yang2@zte.com.cn Thu, 14 October 2010 15:39 UTC

To: Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@cisco.com>
From: gao.yang2@zte.com.cn
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 23:38:24 +0800
Cc: sipcore@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [sipcore] About RFC3911(Join header)'s potential error: //Join header in REFER?

Paul,

> I don't have a good answer for that. Something that comes to mind is for

> a copy of the resulting request to be sent to the referring UA as part
> of the refer subscription. But it would be difficult to make good use of

> that.

I have the same feeling as you for it, though we have opposite
understanding(I think the UAS should do *semantic* check and *may* have
the right to choose the headers to be honored, while you think it is just
copy).

But for the pure audio usage, the copy way is working. And there's no
explicit use case to sustain more detailed discussion/analysis. So, I
think that this issue can be closed, at least for now.

While, there's another issue about indication for streams in the
REFER_with_embedded_Join request. Dale and Christer suggested on it. And I
will think it for details, and choose a proper WG to continue.

Thanks,

Gao

ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.