Re: [sipcore] #9: What should an SBC do when it resolves registered contacts?

Hadriel Kaplan <HKaplan@acmepacket.com> Mon, 30 August 2010 19:28 UTC

From: Hadriel Kaplan <HKaplan@acmepacket.com>
To: Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 15:29:27 -0400
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "sipcore@ietf.org" <sipcore@ietf.org>, sipcore issue tracker <trac@tools.ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [sipcore] #9: What should an SBC do when it resolves registered contacts?

Right, but the subtle difference is that in the SBC case what the UAS wants to find is the AoR it registered for, which is (probably) the first non-"rc" entry prior to the series of "rc" entries at the end.  Like this:
History-Info: <sip:john.smith@ssp.com>
History-Info: <sip:foo@10.1.1.1>;rc
History-Info: <sip:bar@192.168.1.2>;rc

Whereas in a chain of AoR's, it would be looking for the one it registered which *is* "rc" tagged, like this:
History-Info: <sip:jsmith@ssp.co.uk>
History-Info: <sip:john.smith@ssp.com>;rc
History-Info: <sip:bar@192.168.1.2>;rc

Right?