Re: [sipcore] Does SIP support "Reverse Charging" function?

gao.yang2@zte.com.cn Tue, 21 September 2010 00:59 UTC

To: Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@cisco.com>
From: gao.yang2@zte.com.cn
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 08:57:13 +0800
Cc: sipcore@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [sipcore] Does SIP support "Reverse Charging" function?

Hi Paul,

I am agree with you that IETF do not care about the charging at function
level. But other SIP based systems, such as IMS, usually do syntax level
standardization for their SIP extension.

For example, the normal charging function defined in IMS, has it's syntax
level standardization in RFC3455(P-Charging-Vector header).

But by my current understanding, IMS hasn't do any syntax or function
level standardization for "Reverse Charging". So, my intention here is
looking for some *defined SIP syntax*  for "Reverse Charging".

Thanks,

Gao

===================================
 Zip    : 210012
 Tel    : 87211
 Tel2   :(+86)-025-52877211
 e_mail : gao.yang2@zte.com.cn
===================================

Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@cisco.com>
2010-09-20 20:35

收件人
gao.yang2@zte.com.cn
抄送
sipcore@ietf.org
主题
Re: [sipcore] Does SIP support "Reverse Charging" function?

Hi Gao,

SIP doesn't have any builtin mechanisms to support charging *at all*,
either forward or reverse.

Obviously there are systems that are doing charging, but that hasn't
involved the ietf. I guess IMS has some mechanisms for that, but IIUC
you are involved with IMS so probably know those better than I.

                 Thanks,
                 Paul

On 9/19/2010 8:55 PM, gao.yang2@zte.com.cn wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Background:
> 1. Reverse Charging is defined by ITU in I.256.3;
> 2. 3GPP's 22.173 and 24.173 have mentioned "Reverse Charging", but
> there's no specific definition.
>

> Now, we(ZTE)'d like to implement the "Reverse Charging" in SIP network.
>
> Question:
> "Reverse Charging" need some indication extension for SIP usage, I'd
> like to know how people think about this problem.
>
> If this problem has been discussed here, sorry for that.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gao
>
> ===================================
> Zip : 210012
> Tel : 87211
> Tel2 :(+86)-025-52877211
> e_mail : gao.yang2@zte.com.cn
> ===================================

> ZTE  Information  Security  Notice:  The  information  contained  in
this  mail  is  solely  property  of  the  sender's  organization.  This
mail  communication  is  confidential.  Recipients  named  above  are
obligated  to  maintain  secrecy  and  are  not  permitted  to  disclose
the  contents  of  this  communication  to  others.
> This  email  and  any  files  transmitted  with  it  are  confidential
and  intended  solely  for  the  use  of  the  individual  or  entity  to
whom  they  are  addressed.  If  you  have  received  this  email  in
error  please  notify  the  originator  of  the  message.  Any  views
expressed  in  this  message  are  those  of  the  individual  sender.
> This  message  has  been  scanned  for  viruses  and  Spam  by  ZTE
Anti-Spam  system.