[Sipping] Re: I-D ACTION:draft-camarillo-sipping-v6-transition-00.txt

Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@cisco.com> Wed, 16 February 2005 21:41 UTC

Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 16:30:27 -0500
From: Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@cisco.com>
To: sipping <sipping@ietf.org>
Subject: [Sipping] Re: I-D ACTION:draft-camarillo-sipping-v6-transition-00.txt
Sender: sipping-bounces@ietf.org

Gonzalo,

This is good. Glad you wrote it.

I see one omission. You talk about the need for a proxy that converts
from v4 to v6 needed to record-route. But you didn't mention GRUUs. This
adds another dimension to the reasons for GRUU - any node that isn't
dual stack can't use its own address as a GRUU. And the server providing
the GRUUs needs to be dual stack as well.

And a coworker of mine brought up another point regarding the
registration of a dual stack endpoint. This is straightforward of the
endpoint registers a contact with an FQDN. But if the endpoint doesn't
have a DNS name, its not clear how it should register as dual stack.
Registering two contacts, without some added indicators, isn't a good
idea. But this could be managed using the same instance id proposed for
use with GRUU.

	Paul