Re: [Sipping] sipping-sip-offeranswer-05: comments and questions

"Brett Tate" <brett@broadsoft.com> Mon, 18 February 2008 18:35 UTC

Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 13:34:41 -0500
From: Brett Tate <brett@broadsoft.com>
To: Takuya Sawada <tu-sawada@kddi.com>
Cc: Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@cisco.com>, sipping@ietf.org, mary.barnes@nortel.com, christer.holmberg@ericsson.com
Subject: Re: [Sipping] sipping-sip-offeranswer-05: comments and questions
Sender: sipping-bounces@ietf.org

I agree with Paul concerning Christer's proposed text.  The text is
accurate; but the additional proposal does not appear to be a workable
solution.

I prefer PRACK 488 be discussed within the draft separately from
Christer's proposed solution.  This would potentially impact sections
2.2, 3.2, 4.1, and/or 6.1.  As suggested by Paul within a prior email,
the text would be based upon the resolution of the careful analysis of
rfc3262.  As mention earlier, my analysis is that the UAC should act
upon the PRACK 488 and resend the PRACK with higher cseq and appropriate
SDP adjustments (or no SDP).  I'll read rfc3262 again; and I assume Paul
and Christer will do the same.

Based upon my re-reading of rfc3262, I'll send a follow-up email later
today or tomorrow.

Thanks,
Brett