RE: [Sipping] Conferencing for UAs

Markus.Isomaki@nokia.com Wed, 03 March 2004 08:24 UTC

From: Markus.Isomaki@nokia.com
Subject: RE: [Sipping] Conferencing for UAs
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 10:07:28 +0200
To: Miguel.An.Garcia@nokia.com
Cc: alan.johnston@mci.com, Gonzalo.Camarillo@ericsson.com, hisham.khartabil@nokia.com, sipping@ietf.org, oritl@microsoft.com
Sender: sipping-admin@ietf.org

Hi,

OK, this sounds reasonable. So the list carried within SIP payload would be only one input to the overall initial state of the application, which in this case is a conference.

It makes things cleaner that the list management is dropped from SIP side. However, there is  still some interaction between sending further REFERs to the conference instance (for instance kicking people out), and doing CPCP operations. Is this something that would still need more attention before letting exploders and CPCP to go forward in their own silos?

I guess the idea now anyway is that what happens with the list depends a lot on the application (which is represented by the URI that the SIP request is destined to).

Markus