[Sipping] FW: SIPPING - Requested session has been scheduled for IETF 73

"Mary Barnes" <mary.barnes@nortel.com> Fri, 24 October 2008 14:46 UTC

Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 09:44:05 -0500
From: Mary Barnes <mary.barnes@nortel.com>
To: sipping@ietf.org
Cc: Gonzalo Camarillo <Gonzalo.Camarillo@ericsson.com>
Subject: [Sipping] FW: SIPPING - Requested session has been scheduled for IETF 73
Sender: sipping-bounces@ietf.org

FYI.. We have our slot for IETF-73 - again getting that nice Monday
morning session ;)  Although, as always, the slot is subject to change,
so please consider that the Minneapolis sessions are not ending until
15:15 on Friday afternoon.

BTW, please start sending in your agenda requests to Oscar, cc'ing
myself and Gonzalo - it really helps to include all 3 of us to avoid us
forwarding to one another and getting lots of duplicates to sort
through.

Here's the usual template that makes things easier in creating the
agenda - it also ensures that we don't make clerical errors in the
process:

Gonzalo Camarillo</a></td>
<a
href="http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-camarillo-sipping-explod
ers-02.txt">
draft-camarillo-sipping-exploders-02.txt</a></td>

However, we obviously will accept any agenda requests that aren't in
that format. Priority, of course is given to WG items. We were able to
accommodate all requests last time, however, folks are highly encouraged
to make sure there is sufficient discussion on the list. This is often
the trigger for many folks to actually read the documents, thus you're
far more likely to get constructive feedback during the WG session.

And, finally a couple reminders:
1) -00 Deadline is this coming Monday, Oct 27th (5PM Pacific time)

2) -01 Deadline is slightly over one week away: Monday, Nov. 3rd, 2008

Also, please try to run idnits on your doc prior to submission and try
to submit using the tool:
http://tools.ietf.org/tools/idnits/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/idst/upload.cgi

The former will ensure that the tool doesn't get too upset - the tool
also does not catch all nits (something I learned the hard way) -  and
it is really important for WG docs nearing completion to minimize the
need to rev the doc prior to progression.

The latter ensures that your document is almost immediately posted - you
will need to confirm the submission per the email you will receive - and
allows folks to better plan for the meeting.

Thanks,
Mary.