Re: [Sipping] Re: Question regarding draft-ietf-sipping-consent-format

Hannes Tschofenig <Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net> Fri, 13 July 2007 07:21 UTC

Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 09:21:33 +0200
From: Hannes Tschofenig <Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net>
To: Gonzalo Camarillo <Gonzalo.Camarillo@ericsson.com>
Subject: Re: [Sipping] Re: Question regarding draft-ietf-sipping-consent-format
Cc: SIPPING LIST <sipping@ietf.org>

I minor follow-up question:

What is the meaning of
"
        <cp:actions>
         <trans-handling
                perm-uri="sip:foo@example.com">grant</trans-handling>
         <trans-handling
                perm-uri="sip:bar@example.com">deny</trans-handling>
        </cp:actions>
"
in the example of Section 4 of
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-consent-format-03.txt?
How can a single rule carry both a grant and a deny?

How can a relay make restrictions regarding the sender's identity other
than putting the identity of the sender into a field who has just send a
request?
Wouldn't this typically be the job of the final recipient to figure out
which identities are allowed to make the translation step.
In this particular case you cannot just provide a URI for permit and
deny, which has the semantic of "YES, I want to add this policy (or "NO,
I don't want it", respectively.)

Ciao
Hannes