Re: [Sipping] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-donovan-sipping-service-override-01.txt

"Arjun Roychowdhury" <arjunrc@gmail.com> Wed, 05 July 2006 16:41 UTC

Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 12:41:23 -0400
From: Arjun Roychowdhury <arjunrc@gmail.com>
To: "Steve Donovan (stdonova)" <stdonova@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [Sipping] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-donovan-sipping-service-override-01.txt
Cc: sipping <sipping@ietf.org>

Steve, thanks for the clarification. However, it looks like left at
this level, an xSM will only work with an xAS and not yAS (that is, it
is not possible for the SM and AS to be provided by different
vendors), since this draft does not publish common guidelines that can
be followed.

Is this assumption correct ? If so, I am still a little concerned on
the requirement for this header, since it will  be of proprietary use,
and  hence the SM and the AS can define any mechanism (an INFO
message, a header etc.) to communicate the state and that should not
need a standardization.

regds
arjun

--