RE: [SIPPING] question on draft-johnston-sipping-cc-conferencing -00.txt

"Even, Roni" <roni.even@polycom.co.il> Wed, 06 November 2002 16:07 UTC

From: "Even, Roni" <roni.even@polycom.co.il>
To: 'Michael Hammer' <mhammer@cisco.com>, "Even, Roni" <roni.even@polycom.co.il>
Cc: sipping@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [SIPPING] question on draft-johnston-sipping-cc-conferencing -00.txt
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 17:32:04 +0200
Sender: sipping-admin@ietf.org

Michael,
What I argue is that you assume that the URI is the conference ID like in
audio conferencing the password given to the IVR but I think that it may be
the ID of the conference server (like the phone number) and the conference
server will create a unique conference ID that can be communicated via
notify. So that is why I am saying that the a URI does not have to be
unique. The framework draft in section 4 recommends that the conference URI
will not be constructed or guessed by a user and I think it is a good
recommendation.
Roni Even