RE: [Sipping] Re: Concrete examples for todraft-vanelburg-sipping-served-user-01.txt

Srivatsa Srinivasan <srivats@exchange.microsoft.com> Wed, 15 August 2007 23:16 UTC

From: Srivatsa Srinivasan <srivats@exchange.microsoft.com>
To: "Hans Erik van Elburg (RY/ETM)" <hanserik.van.elburg@ericsson.com>, Miguel Garcia <Miguel.Garcia@nsn.com>, Jeroen van Bemmel <jbemmel@zonnet.nl>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 10:17:58 -0700
Subject: RE: [Sipping] Re: Concrete examples for todraft-vanelburg-sipping-served-user-01.txt
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: sipping <sipping@ietf.org>

Hi Hans,

Sorry I wasn't clear about the two questions. I have been assuming that when a P-Served-User headed is sent on the ISC interface, that the proxy (in the application server) would simply proxy it without the header being removed after the request is handled. And the following questions are based on that assumption.

To elaborate on the first question, I was referring to Section 3.4 where you mention that the P-Asserted-Identity is overloaded with two meanings in the originating interaction. I assume that the P-Served-User would be used, in the originating interaction, to disambiguate this meaning. And so, it wasn't clear to me what a P-Served-User inserted in the originating interaction meant to the terminating interaction. I assume that if the two sides are within the same trust domain that the header would be carried forward from the originating side to the terminating side. If the terminating interaction also needed the P-Served-User, would the terminating interaction end up with two P-Served-Users at some point?

With regards to the second question, you mention that the UE would never see this response. Is that because the current use-cases do not warrant it? Wouldn't they end up being sent anyway if there is no privacy enforced and the UE is within the same trust domain?

Thanks,
Srivatsa.