Re: [Sipping] Rollback issue: a proposal

wang.libo@zte.com.cn Thu, 05 March 2009 06:40 UTC

To: Gonzalo Camarillo <Gonzalo.Camarillo@ericsson.com>
From: wang.libo@zte.com.cn
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 14:39:51 +0800
Cc: sipping-bounces@ietf.org, sipping <sipping@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Sipping] Rollback issue: a proposal

Hi Gonzalo Camarillo,

  I just read your two drafts,and at this moment I think it is a solution,

but also, it's a complex one.

  In your draft:
   If changes requested by a re-INVITE or any transaction within it have
   already been performed, the UAS should always return a 200 (OK)
   response.  Even if the UAS would like to revert to the pre-INVITE
   state, it would still return a 200 (OK) to the INVITE request.

  I think it should be discussed more about this solution.
  If re-INVITE can't be rejected, then re-INVITEs are no better than
UPDATEs,I think.

  There are two reasons listed in the draft to illustrate it.

  First one:
-  However, the UAC has no means to reject those changes
   if it is unable to execute them.  That is, if the UAC is unable to
   revert to the pre-re-INVITE state, it will not be able to communicate
   this fact to the UAS.
  IMO, the best solution for the case is also in the draft.
--- This new offer/answer exchange
   should contain the minimum set of changes needed to continue the
   session in order to minimize the chances of the UAS rejecting it as
   well.
  If UAC raises an unrejectable request,it should contain minimum set
of changes.If it is rejected just because it contains unacceptable changes

by UAS, it deserves the rejection.

  Second,
-- Since both the UPDATE request and the error response would
   request changes, it would not be clear which changes would need to be
   executed first.  This is yet another reason why UASs should not use
   error responses to undo already executed changes.
  As we can make restrictions not to reject re-INVITE,why not restrict
  UPDATEs in re-INVITEs.
  Also, unlimited UPDATEs increase the collision.Such as the step (6) and
  step (8)  in figure 4 of your draft.

               UAC                                          UAS

                  |                                            |
                  |-------------(1) INVITE SDP1--------------->|
                  |                                            |
                  |<------------(2) 200 OK SDP2----------------|
                  |                                            |
                  |------------------(3) ACK------------------>|
                  |                                            |
                  |                                            |
                  |-------------(4) INVITE SDP3--------------->|
                  |                                            |
                  |<----(5) 183 Session Progress SDP4----------|
                  |                                            |
                  |-------------(6) UPDATE SDP5--------------->|
                  |                                            |
                  |<------------(7) 200 OK SDP6----------------|
                  |                                            |
                  |                                            |
                  |<------------(8) UPDATE SDP7----------------|
                  |                                            |
                  |-------------(9) 200 OK SDP8--------------->|
                  |                                            |

             Figure 4: Rejection of a video stream by the user

Wishes,
Eric.wang

sipping-bounces@ietf.org 写于 2009-03-03 21:32:50:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-camarillo-sipping-reinvite-00.txt