Re: [Sipping] Rollback issue: a proposal - impact on essential corrections draft

"Christer Holmberg" <christer.holmberg@ericsson.com> Tue, 03 March 2009 19:34 UTC

Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 20:35:15 +0100
From: Christer Holmberg <christer.holmberg@ericsson.com>
To: Gonzalo Camarillo <gonzalo.camarillo@ericsson.com>, gaoyang <gao.yang.seu@hotmail.com>
Cc: sipping@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Sipping] Rollback issue: a proposal - impact on essential corrections draft

Hi,

If we decide to adopt the proposal in Gonzalo's draft, it will of course
have impact on the draft which tries to identify the essential
corrections based on the re-INVITE failure solution. I would say that
Gonzalo's proposal probably has less (if any) normative impacts than the
current solution. 3261 already says indicates that a full rollback
occurs in the case of re-INVITE failure, so I guess the question is we
need to add something extra.

But, we can discuss that once we have decided whether we are going to
adopt the new proposal.

In addition, we would also need to send a new LS reply to 3GPP.

Regards,

Christer