Re: [Sipping] New draft on end system communication services

Arjun Roychowdhury <arjunrc@gmail.com> Fri, 18 February 2005 13:46 UTC

Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 08:37:18 -0500
From: Arjun Roychowdhury <arjunrc@gmail.com>
To: Xiaotao Wu <xiaotaow@cs.columbia.edu>
Subject: Re: [Sipping] New draft on end system communication services
Cc: iptel@ietf.org, sipping@ietf.org, "Henning G. Schulzrinne" <hgs@cs.columbia.edu>
Sender: sipping-bounces@ietf.org

Xiaotao/Henning,

Thanks for the *excellent* draft. It effectively addresses a lot of
CPL limitations. Even though your draft has the noble intent of
end-devices, I can see B2BUA providers rubbing their hands in glee ;-)

One quick comment: Is it at all possible to provide an interface using
which a person creating a service  in LESS can do a database-dip to
resolve a URI ?
Hardcoding URIs into scripts is often very limiting. To make it more
general, it would be very useful if there was a way in which
applications could 'intercept' the call flow of LESS for the only
purpose of providing 'input' to the next stage.

More comments later as I digest the rest.

regds
arjun

--
Arjun Roychowdhury