[Sipping] RE: DTLS-SRTP / ICE and gating/latching policy controls

"Brian Stucker" <bstucker@nortel.com> Mon, 12 November 2007 16:23 UTC

Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 10:23:11 -0600
From: Brian Stucker <bstucker@nortel.com>
To: "Fischer, Kai" <kai.fischer@siemens.com>, Eric Rescorla <ekr@networkresonance.com>, Hannes Tschofenig <Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net>, Dan Wing <dwing@cisco.com>, Francois Audet <audet@nortel.com>, "Fries, Steffen" <steffen.fries@siemens.com>, Mary Barnes <mary.barnes@nortel.com>, "Elwell, John" <john.elwell@siemens.com>
Cc: sipping@ietf.org
Subject: [Sipping] RE: DTLS-SRTP / ICE and gating/latching policy controls

That seems to be the case, but from my reading of the DTLS-SRTP draft,
it's not clear if the requirement to use RFC 4474 is in all cases or
only if a self-signed certificate is used.

For instance, if you were to use RFC-3325 to make an anonymous call, you
know certain headers (and perhaps even portions of the SDP body if
you're to do media privacy) will be changed by a middlebox (i.e. the
proxy) such that the signature calculated by the endpoint may not be
correct in that case either.

Eric?

Regards,
Brian