Re: [Sipping] Request for Open discussion about SIP mobility

Salvatore Loreto <salvatore.loreto@ericsson.com> Wed, 14 May 2008 09:31 UTC

Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 11:35:24 +0300
From: Salvatore Loreto <salvatore.loreto@ericsson.com>
To: Haruki Izumikawa <izumikawa@kddilabs.jp>
Cc: Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@cisco.com>, sipping@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Sipping] Request for Open discussion about SIP mobility
Sender: sipping-bounces@ietf.org

Hi Haruki,

of course make-before-break (setup a new a new TCP connection before
tear down the  old one)  is  the right strategy,
I don't think will solve all the problems, you have to assure  not to
loose any packets  and this is not so easy
just to mention a possible scenario some packets sent on the original
TCP connection that need to be retransmit on the new one,
perhaps because during the handoff the quality channel was bed.

Some years ago during my PhD I have investigated a similar scenario in:
-G. De Marco, L. Barolli, S. Loreto "/Performance Analysis of IP
Micro-mobility Protocols in Single and Simultaneous Movements Scenario/",
 The second International Symposium on Ubiquitous Intelligence and Smart
Worlds (UISW2005)

regards
Sal