Re: AW: [Sipping] A Framework for Reducing Spam for Internet Telephony

Juergen Quittek <quittek@netlab.nec.de> Sun, 17 June 2007 12:48 UTC

Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 14:47:57 +0200
From: Juergen Quittek <quittek@netlab.nec.de>
To: "Tschofenig, Hannes" <hannes.tschofenig@nsn.com>, Saverio Niccolini <Saverio.Niccolini@netlab.nec.de>, Hannes Tschofenig <Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net>, SIPPING LIST <sipping@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: AW: [Sipping] A Framework for Reducing Spam for Internet Telephony

hi Hannes,

--On 15.06.07 21:51 +0200 Tschofenig, Hannes wrote:

> Hi Saverio,

Indeed.

> Have you spotted missing functionality or functionality you wouldn't provide immediately (or not at all)?
>

>> I think all in all these two drafts you recently wrote
>> complement well the SPITSTOP work we are currently discussing
>> in the SPITSTOP mailing list, it is just a pity that they are
>> coming too late to support the BOF request that was just rejected.
>

> We have been trying hard to get the documents finished but that was the best we were able todo.
> In fact, we wanted to write the document already a year ago when I went out for dinner with Henning Schulzrinne, Jonathan Rosenberg, Dan York and David Schwartz.
>
> Btw, I was actually hoping that we don't really need a BOF to get this work started.
> We don't schedule BOFs for every tiny document we write.

Thank you very much! (considering that you co-author 55 I-Ds ;-)

However, (a) there is already quite a number of tiny documents on SPIT
and (b) I remember that about half a year ago it was you suggesting a BoF on SPIT ;-)

>> I hope we can sit together in Chicago at the BAR BOF and
>> discuss the way to move the all work on SPIT forward in the IETF.
> I hope so too.

Looking forward to it,

    Juergen

--
Juergen Quittek        quittek@netlab.nec.de       Tel: +49 6221 4342-115
NEC Europe Limited,    Network Laboratories        Fax: +49 6221 4342-155