Re: [Slim] Issues #27 and #32 - simultaneous languages

Randall Gellens <rg+ietf@randy.pensive.org> Sat, 03 June 2017 02:41 UTC

Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2017 19:41:33 -0700
To: Gunnar Hellström <gunnar.hellstrom@omnitor.se>, "slim@ietf.org" <slim@ietf.org>
From: Randall Gellens <rg+ietf@randy.pensive.org>
Subject: Re: [Slim] Issues #27 and #32 - simultaneous languages

Hi Gunnar,

You propose an interesting mechanism that I think
should be pursued, just not in the current draft.
We've repeatedly discussed means of requesting
various services, including real-time captioning;
these are useful and an automated way of
requesting that seems useful, but the group has
repeatedly decided to keep the current draft
simple.  As with your suggestion for relative
preference and priority, I've offered to help
write a separate draft, and Brian has offered to
review it.  I think this is the way to proceed.