Re: [Softwires] Working group last call for draft-ietf-softwire-map-05

<ian.farrer@telekom.de> Sat, 11 May 2013 19:57 UTC

From: ian.farrer@telekom.de
To: otroan@employees.org, suresh.krishnan@ericsson.com
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 21:57:11 +0200
acceptlanguage: en-US, de-DE
Cc: softwires@ietf.org, cuiyong@tsinghua.edu.cn, rdroms@cisco.com
Subject: Re: [Softwires] Working group last call for draft-ietf-softwire-map-05

Hi Ole,

Thanks for incorporating  my comments into this version.

Having re-read this version, there's one thing that I'd like to clarify: Is the BMR still being proposed as the method for configuring all IPv4 information, even with the EA=0 case? Section 5.2 states:

A length of 0 means that no part of the IPv4 address or port is embedded in the address.

Which is OK, if a little ambiguous.

Then in example 4 in the Appendix, the BMR is provisioning the /32 IPv4 prefix for the client, i.e 1:! mode or 'Binding Mode' to use the Unified CPE terminology.

I thought that we were going to use the OPTION_MAP_BIND proposed in softwire-unified-cpe to tell a lw4o6 CPE, or a MAP CPE to provision the Binding Mode.

Cheers,
Ian