Re: [lamps] IETF 104 LAMPS draft minutes

Russ Housley <housley@vigilsec.com> Fri, 19 April 2019 18:45 UTC

From: Russ Housley <housley@vigilsec.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 14:45:40 -0400
Cc: Tim Hollebeek <tim.hollebeek@digicert.com>, SPASM <spasm@ietf.org>
To: Bernie Hoeneisen <bernie@ietf.hoeneisen.ch>
Subject: Re: [lamps] IETF 104 LAMPS draft minutes

Thanks for the careful review.  I have changed the two paragraphs as follows:

   Krista (pEp implementer): Implemented both approaches.  With the "memory
   hole" approach parsing was a real pain, as it required hacking the MIME
   library.  With the wrapping approach, just move something from one node
   in the MIME tree to another node, so implementation gets a lot easier.

   Krista: It would be incredibly helpful, if we had some mechanism to
   distinguish between wrapped messages and forwarded messages. What we see
   in Thunderbird today looks fairly ugly; people think they are getting
   forwarded messages, and they don't know why.

Russ