Re: [Spasm] WG Review: Some PKIX and SMIME (spasm)

Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie> Wed, 29 June 2016 15:03 UTC

To: IETF-Announce <ietf-announce@ietf.org>
From: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 16:03:39 +0100
Cc: spasm@ietf.org, IETF-Discussion <ietf@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Spasm] WG Review: Some PKIX and SMIME (spasm)

Hi,

During chartering we got a comment that the proposed name of
this WG might be considered insensitive. We don't need to
have a discussion about that, as it makes little difference
otherwise, but we will be changing the name of the proposed
working group to:

lamps - Limited Additional Mechanisms for PKIX and SMIME

Thanks to Michael Jenkins for the suggestion on the current
WG mailing list. [1]

The secretariat will handle migrating the mailing list in
the coming weeks, and the IETF96 agenda will be updated
accordingly, assuming that the IESG approve the new working
group on the telechat tomorrow. If approved, the announcement
of the working group will use the new name, "lamps."

There are no other substantive changes to the draft charter. [2]

Thanks,
S.

[1] https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/spasm/t4f5LKRJILn0KsLQdzA1fo8B1lM
[2] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-spasm/