Re: [straw] I-D Action: draft-ietf-straw-sip-traceroute-02.txt

"Dawes, Peter, Vodafone Group" <Peter.Dawes@vodafone.com> Fri, 21 March 2014 09:30 UTC

From: "Dawes, Peter, Vodafone Group" <Peter.Dawes@vodafone.com>
To: "straw@ietf.org" <straw@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 09:30:32 +0000
Cc: "Hadriel Kaplan (hadriel.kaplan@oracle.com)" <hadriel.kaplan@oracle.com>, "Christer Holmberg (christer.holmberg@ericsson.com)" <christer.holmberg@ericsson.com>
Subject: Re: [straw] I-D Action: draft-ietf-straw-sip-traceroute-02.txt

Hi Christer, All,
I have checked through the -02 version and I found a few small things:

[line 193 - 195, clause 3. 3. The SIP Traceroute Mechanism]
Says "The originating UAC can then generate another INVITE to the same target AoR with a Max-Forwards header field value of 1, which will reach the second SIP, and so on."
Some text is missing here. I guess that a Max-Forwards of 1 will reach the next SIP entity that decrements Max-Forwards, which could be a proxy or B2BUA.

[line 205]
"Enterprise and a Service Provider across a SIP Trunk" should be lower case: "enterprise and a service provider across a SIP trunk"

[line 225]
Contains a reference to [draft-loop-detection]. I don't know if this is a problem but how is the link to a draft in progress kept valid if the draft becomes an RFC?

Regards,
Peter