Re: [sunset4] Meeting in BA

Naoki Matsuhira <matsuhira@jp.fujitsu.com> Fri, 12 February 2016 01:52 UTC

Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 10:51:51 +0900
From: Naoki Matsuhira <matsuhira@jp.fujitsu.com>
To: "George, Wes" <wesley.george@twcable.com>
Cc: "sunset4@ietf.org" <sunset4@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [sunset4] Meeting in BA

Hi,

Recently, I submitted six drafts. I want to ask sunset4 WG there are
interests in these drafts.

The basic idea is IPv4 mapped IPv6 address which could distinguish
several IPv4 network including IPv4 private network with IPv4 private
address (M46A).

I am proposing encapsulation technologies using this address (M46E-FP,
M46E-PR, M46E-PT) , and translation technology using this address(M46T).
I am also proposing IPv4 address sharing technology(M4P6E).

I thing there are proposal both sunset4 WG have interest and not interest.

I especially would like to propose the encapsulation technologies. These
technologies are IPv4 over IPv6 encapsulation, so by using these
technologies, it is possible sunsetting IPv4 (IPv6 only )in network
infrastructure, and provide IPv4 with overlay. I believe with this
technology, could provide IPv4 as a service. That may first step to
completely sunsetting IPv4, with staring focus to infrastructure.

These six drafts are the following.

https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-matsuhira-m46a-00.txt
https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-matsuhira-m46e-fp-00.txt
https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-matsuhira-m46e-pr-00.txt
https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-matsuhira-m46e-pt-00.txt
https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-matsuhira-m46t-00.txt
https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-matsuhira-m4p6e-00.txt

In addition, these proposal had been proposed under the name SA46T in
the past. Starting proposal, there was only one idea, however I got
several ideas. So I organize and changing name, and re-submitted. If you
know SA46T, I believe you will understand immediately.

Regards

Naoki Matsuhira