Re: [sunset4] Meeting in BA

Naoki Matsuhira <matsuhira@jp.fujitsu.com> Tue, 16 February 2016 10:05 UTC

To: "George, Wes" <wesley.george@twcable.com>
From: Naoki Matsuhira <matsuhira@jp.fujitsu.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 19:05:06 +0900
Cc: matsuhira@jp.fujitsu.com, "sunset4@ietf.org" <sunset4@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [sunset4] Meeting in BA

Thank you, Wes,

The essence of my proposal is thinking including private network with
IPv4 private address. There are many many private network such as
corporate network, so I believe transition technology should support
IPv4 private address.

We know that IPv6 is beginning to spread, in the near feature, the
situation with wide IPv6 and small IPv4 and small but many IPv4 private
will be the reality. Looking that time, IPv6 should wind up IPv4 network
including private address, then enable IPv6 only operation in
infrastructure, and provide IPv4 continuous use environment as a service.

The technical essence of my proposal is Plane ID in M46A. And I propose
my proposal as a general-purpose technology, and may apply many IPv4
network such as for backbone network, enterprise network, datacenter
network.

The difference from MAP, DSLite, 464XLat, I understand these are
combined technology, i.e., NAT with hub and spoke Tunnel. In M46E
(encapsulation) position, M46E and NAT combination may possible. I
believe the decision of such combination is focusing to access network
and main point is address sharing.

As encapsulation technology, M46E support full mesh, and N point full
mesh normally require N^2 configuration, however M46E-FP require N
configuration. So I believe these proposal may contribute.

Regards,

Naoki