Re: [sunset4] An IPv4 sunset problem (?)

<mohamed.boucadair@orange.com> Thu, 23 August 2012 05:43 UTC

From: mohamed.boucadair@orange.com
To: Marc Blanchet <marc.blanchet@viagenie.ca>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 07:42:38 +0200
acceptlanguage: fr-FR
Cc: Simon Perreault <simon.perreault@viagenie.ca>, "sunset4@ietf.org" <sunset4@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [sunset4] An IPv4 sunset problem (?)

Hi Marc,

Please see inline.

Cheers,
Med

Med: If IPv4 is turned off, then no host will be dual-stack serviced...so there is no issue at all with NAT64/DNS64. The issue is when there are a mixture of IPv6-only connectivity and DS connectivity; but that one can be solved in various was as having distinct dns servers or using one of the solutions listed in the behave draft.

 I think