Re: [Taps] TAPS WGLC: draft-ietf-taps-transports-08 - ends Dec 31

Brian Trammell <ietf@trammell.ch> Thu, 10 December 2015 09:27 UTC

From: Brian Trammell <ietf@trammell.ch>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 10:26:59 +0100
To: "Scharf, Michael (Michael)" <michael.scharf@alcatel-lucent.com>
Cc: Aaron Falk <aaron.falk@gmail.com>, "taps@ietf.org" <taps@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Taps] TAPS WGLC: draft-ietf-taps-transports-08 - ends Dec 31

hi Michael,

thanks for your review and comments! Commentcomments inline

Presuming we'll roll an -09 with WGLC comments, yes, agree fully and have made the change in the working copy (https://github.com/britram/taps-transports/draft-ietf-taps-transports.md).

> It could also list the protocols that are in scope of the document, or it could borrow other text from Section 1.

I think I'd prefer to list the protocols. Done.

> It is not clear to me what a reader could learn from the statement “… to inform the work of the IETF TAPS Working Group”, in particular in a couple of years from now when the WG may not exist any more.

This was also, I think, originally intended to be pulled out before publication. Cut.

>  In Section 4.1, it may be better to refer to RFC 7414 instead of RFC 4614.

Yep, oops.

> Also, I think it would be appropriate to better emphasize that the section just gives an overview of TCP and is not intended to be a comprehensive description.

Done in first para.

Thanks again, cheers,

Brian