Re: [tcpinc] Call for adoption of draft-rescorla-tcpinc-tls-option-05

Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie> Tue, 20 October 2015 22:51 UTC

To: Mirja Kühlewind <mirja.kuehlewind@tik.ee.ethz.ch>, tcpinc <tcpinc@ietf.org>
From: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 23:51:38 +0100
Subject: Re: [tcpinc] Call for adoption of draft-rescorla-tcpinc-tls-option-05

Given the choices presented, I do not support adoption of this draft.

That's not because of a technical flaw in the proposal, but mostly
because I think that the future where this wg works on two proposals
will end badly, despite everyone's good intentions (and I do think
everyone here has good intentions).

I regret that the folks who are participating in this wg have not
managed to bite the bullet and make the hard decision.

S.

PS: The technical pros and cons for this vs tcpcrypt have all been
sufficiently well rehearsed so I won't repeat those.

On 20/10/15 17:49, Mirja Kühlewind wrote:u