Re: [tcpm] TCP Tuning for HTTP - update

Joe Touch <touch@isi.edu> Wed, 17 August 2016 04:21 UTC

To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, tcpm@ietf.org, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
From: Joe Touch <touch@isi.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 21:21:06 -0700
Cc: Patrick McManus <pmcmanus@mozilla.com>, Daniel Stenberg <daniel@haxx.se>
Subject: Re: [tcpm] TCP Tuning for HTTP - update

Hi, Mark, et al.,

I posted a review of this document to both to TCPM and HTTP WGs.

This update fails to address the issues I raised - notably that many of
the issues therein are known *and published*.

So first, can we discuss the issue of PLAGIARISM?

Not only of two of my works, but of many others that pointed out most of
the information summarized in this doc.

Second, the step of "adoption" needs to wait until there's something new
here that wasn't known 20 years ago and the issue of plagiarism is
addressed.

Joe

On 8/16/2016 7:02 PM, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> Hi TCPM,
>
> Just a quick note; Daniel and Tim have made an update to the TCP Tuning for HTTP draft:
>   https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-stenberg-httpbis-tcp
>
> We've had a Call for Adoption open for this draft for a while, and will likely adopt it soon. However, we'd like to get feedback from this community first -- both about the latest version of the input document, and to see if there's interest in helping out.

> Cheers,
>
> --

--- Begin Message ---
Hi, all,