Re: [tcpm] TCP Tuning for HTTP - update

Kuhn Nicolas <Nicolas.Kuhn@cnes.fr> Fri, 19 August 2016 08:13 UTC

From: Kuhn Nicolas <Nicolas.Kuhn@cnes.fr>
To: "gorry@erg.abdn.ac.uk" <gorry@erg.abdn.ac.uk>, Yuchung Cheng <ycheng@google.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 08:13:35 +0000
Deferred-Delivery: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 08:13:00 +0000
x-tm-as-product-ver: SMEX-11.0.0.4255-8.000.1202-22522.006
x-tm-as-result: No--62.458500-8.000000-31
x-tm-as-user-approved-sender: No
x-tm-as-user-blocked-sender: No
Cc: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, "tcpm@ietf.org" <tcpm@ietf.org>, Patrick McManus <pmcmanus@mozilla.com>, Daniel Stenberg <daniel@haxx.se>
Subject: Re: [tcpm] TCP Tuning for HTTP - update

Hi all,

I agree with the recommendation on enabling pacing.
If flows are multiplexed such as in HTTP2, losses at slow start can be very damaging.
I have proposed some text inline.

Cheers,

Nico