RE: [tcpm] consensus call: draft-larsen-tsvwg-port-randomization to WGitem

"Dan Wing" <dwing@cisco.com> Tue, 18 September 2007 21:37 UTC

From: Dan Wing <dwing@cisco.com>
To: 'tsvwg WG' <tsvwg@ietf.org>
Subject: RE: [tcpm] consensus call: draft-larsen-tsvwg-port-randomization to WGitem
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 14:37:24 -0700
DKIM-Signature: v=0.5; a=rsa-sha256; q=dns/txt; l=2184; t=1190151445; x=1191015445; c=relaxed/simple; s=sjdkim2002; h=Content-Type:From:Subject:Content-Transfer-Encoding:MIME-Version; d=cisco.com; i=dwing@cisco.com; z=From:=20=22Dan=20Wing=22=20<dwing@cisco.com> |Subject:=20RE=3A=20[tcpm]=20consensus=20call=3A=20draft-larsen-tsvwg-por t-randomization=20to=20WGitem |Sender:=20; bh=L++wPkfS8tpafnjgTK0ZHxIHz43okq7Q5SRg6eq4xKU=; b=BqF7Y00ANx3iI/6C4EVL9dIkPQkHgwc4wVd+qFvDx4exCsPCxKX6GzCpB/Uj3oqPEU+Uc+Zn +hSvu3fSSsXfR4WDgjdKZzCCl48jqZUJMk3Yno/99g0dDk1IcgwskIuX;

I support this document becoming a TSVWG working group item.

During its transition to such, I would like the authors to more clearly extend
the document's applicability to non-TCP protocols with port numbers.
Specifically, the document should include "UDP", "DCCP", and "SCTP" (as well
as TCP) in its introduction (and perhaps also in its abstract) so that anyone
developing or writing host requirements for those protocols will have a better
chance of finding this specification when working on those protocols.

-d