[Teas] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-teas-rfc3272bis-24

Behcet Sarikaya via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Thu, 06 July 2023 17:10 UTC

From: Behcet Sarikaya via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: gen-art@ietf.org
Cc: draft-ietf-teas-rfc3272bis.all@ietf.org, last-call@ietf.org, teas@ietf.org, sarikaya@ieee.org
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2023 10:10:49 -0700
Subject: [Teas] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-teas-rfc3272bis-24

Reviewer: Behcet Sarikaya
Review result: Ready with Nits

by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

<https://wiki.ietf.org/en/group/gen/GenArtFAQ>.

Document: draft-ietf-teas-rfc3272bis-??
Reviewer: Behcet Sarikaya
Review Date: 2023-07-06
IETF LC End Date: 2023-07-11
IESG Telechat date: Not scheduled for a telechat

Summary:This document is a bis document intended to obsolete RFC3272 that
describes the principles of traffic engineering in the Internet. Since RFC3272
published in 2003 is an informational RFC, this document's status is also set
as informational RFC although it could have been a BCP. The document gives a
nice account of all changes that happened on traffic engineering since the past
20 years. I specifically looked for IPv6, YANG to replace SNMP, SDN,
Virtualization and also Quic and MPTCP in the context of ATSSS, they were all
very well covered. The document is very well written. What I couldn't find are
the coverage of cloud issues, edge computing, data center interconnect which
are just mentioned and identifier locator separation work not even mentioned.

Major issues:N/A

Minor issues:N/A

Nits/editorial comments:
The last two references FT01 and GRPC have n.d. meaning no date?
The document has a nice terminology section 1.4 and most acronyms have been
spelled out but there is no acronyms section