Re: [Teas] FW: New Version Notification for draft-lee-teas-actn-requirements-01.txt

Quintin zhao <quintin.zhao@huawei.com> Mon, 03 August 2015 19:29 UTC

From: Quintin zhao <quintin.zhao@huawei.com>
To: Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net>, Dhruv Dhody <dhruv.ietf@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2015 19:29:16 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.47.157.84]
Cc: "draft-lee-teas-actn-requirements@ietf.org" <draft-lee-teas-actn-requirements@ietf.org>, "teas@ietf.org" <teas@ietf.org>, "draft-zhao-pce-central-controller-user-cases@ietf.org" <draft-zhao-pce-central-controller-user-cases@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Teas] FW: New Version Notification for draft-lee-teas-actn-requirements-01.txt

Hello Lou,

I agree what Dhruv summarized here and PCECC and ACTN complement each other.

The PCECC focuses on moving the existing MPLS control plan functionalities from the NE (devices) into the LSP central controller (PCECC) and simplifying them.  The use cases  for PCECC also mainly  focuses on the label resources (for the LSP and also MPLS services such as L3VPN and PWE3) and  LSP forwarding info management/allocation/distribution for all kind of LSPs including P2P,P2MP, MP2MP and SR based LSP.  The PCECC Extns leverages the existing PCEP for the southbound interface between LSP central controller and the NE.

Regards,
Quintin