Re: [Teas] FW: New Version Notification for draft-lee-teas-actn-requirements-01.txt

"BELOTTI, SERGIO (SERGIO)" <sergio.belotti@alcatel-lucent.com> Tue, 04 August 2015 13:00 UTC

From: "BELOTTI, SERGIO (SERGIO)" <sergio.belotti@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: Dhruv Dhody <dhruv.ietf@gmail.com>, Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2015 13:00:18 +0000
x-originating-ip: [135.239.27.41]
Cc: "draft-lee-teas-actn-requirements@ietf.org" <draft-lee-teas-actn-requirements@ietf.org>, "teas@ietf.org" <teas@ietf.org>, "draft-zhao-pce-central-controller-user-cases@ietf.org" <draft-zhao-pce-central-controller-user-cases@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Teas] FW: New Version Notification for draft-lee-teas-actn-requirements-01.txt

Hi Lou, Druhv,

speaking as co-author, I would tend to share Druhv’s view: I see the option proposed by draft-zhao-pce-central-controller-user-cases as special case of “PNC” and then the related interface is not part of ACTN context. Moreover use-cases is already part of a multi-domain use case related to MSDC controller so I do not see any further update needed .

On the other hand, as also said personally to authors of draft-zhang after presentation I consider the proposal of the draft as an extension of functionality of “PCE” as depicted in RFC 4655 Architecture, and a little not aligned with what instead proposed by RFC 7491 on ABNO architecture that I’m personally consider more close to an SDN architecture view . But this sorry falls a little outside of your question ..